Monday, April 4, 2011

On Accepting Political Endorsements

I don’t believe in them, and here is why…   Accepting an endorsement equates to “vote for me and I owe you a favor later.  That leads to poor decision making and corruption.  We can’t have that again.  It is unacceptable.  I would say to the voters…” Be careful in what you read into endorsements, it may be a red flag for deciding why you should not vote for someone.  I will accept donations from individual citizens.  Groups, companies, unions, don’t vote.  People do, individual voters.  Having a group come out and say we endorse this candidate implies that the entire group thinks alike.  I know that isn’t true and actually think it is a bit of an insult to the individual voter.  Look,… voters are smart enough to think for themselves.  They don’t need to be swayed by groups and told what to do.  I will not accept endorsements from groups.  I will not put myself in the position to owe anyone a political favor. 

2 comments: